Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 1

I don't think its a coincidence that the first day of my half marathon training was also the first day on my new job. This will be my 2nd half marathon ever. And this is my 2nd position with my current company. The similarities could go on and on, actually. I could make this entire post drawing parallels with a half marathon and a job. But I won't.

The first day went well. The nerves were so annoying though. But I got the best text from my old running partner (who also ran that first half marathon with me) on my to work. Its all just ironic, I tell you! There is a reason why she was my running partner. She is a motivator. And she said exactly what I needed to hear.

I won't bore you with the accountant details, but I will tell you I have high hopes for this. My motivation is high, my experience a good match, and my resolve steadfast. I plan on doing some things a little different this go around. And that's what its all about isn't it? Finding what works and what doesn't. I think I'm finally up for the challenge.

But I am a woman, so I reserve the right to change my mind with no warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment