Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Kid on the Block

Tomorrow is a big day for me. I'm starting a new job. Its with the same company, but a completely different department. New coworkers, new work, new boss, oh and lets not forget the new cubicle. It is a welcome change. Its been a rough year. But man, do I loathe being the "new girl". I'll probably be all nervous this evening, and find myself laying awake tonight. Much like I did last night. I just want to make sure I start this out right. There's something about starting out fresh. I love a clean slate. And you can't redo a first impression. The hope of doing things different, hopefully better than before.

I've learned a lot about myself this past year. I'm not as tough as I thought I was. I'm not as patient either. Oh who am I kidding, I never thought I was patient. But I sure have learned what NOT to do. And maybe that's what I was supposed to learn, but I sure didn't appreciate having to learn it that way.

I know you'll all (all 3 of you, one being my mother) be on pins and needles wondering how my first day goes. I'll be sure and make this my first stop of the evening once the kids are in bed.

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, am very happy to see you back in blog land! I pray your first day goes well...and that you get the fresh start you are longing for. You always make a great first impression! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete