Sunday, March 20, 2011

Just Finish?!

My training schedule deems Saturday the "long run" day. So when your training, that is the day of the week you get your longest run in, be it 4 miles or 10. As of today, I've officially switched my long run day to Sunday. I wish I could describe to you how it feels to be alone, in the wee hours of the morning, with the moon low in the western sky, with nothing but your ipod and your thoughts. Literally no one is out of bed at 6am on a Sunday morning. And there's something that just refuels me. Now I'll be honest, my run wasn't all euphoric this morning. The wind was something fierce, and halfway through, I got a side stitch and my right knee started to hurt. I had to slow my pace down quite a bit. So about the last mile, I was literally talking myself out of walking home. I just kept telling myself to just finish. That last few blocks I'm usually picking up my pace, racing to my mailbox where my Propel water awaits me. Today, I did good to just not walk.

So here's my little bit of Sunday morning encouragement. Sometimes, it doesn't matter if you finish strong. It just matters that you finish.

Profound, I know.

Now, I'm off to make something super delicious for the fam for Sunday morning breakfast before church. I'll be sure to post pics and a recipe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment