Thursday, July 24, 2014

Me and the girls.

My high school reunion is this weekend.  Some people have bad High School experiences, some have good.  I remember some bad, but really the good outweighed the bad.  Mainly because of the friends I had.  So I happen to dig up this little treasure.


Look at us.  We haven't changed a bit.  HA!!

I'm the one on the left.  The shortest of the group. Sigh. I always wore the highest heels to make myself taller at events like Prom.  But I had to!  Look at my tall svelte friends!  (Its a trick I still use today).  

Next to me is Jamie.  Jamie and I were inseparable.  She was head cheerleader, goofy as all get out, and we would laugh so hard our stomachs would ache.  She had a lake house and we spent so many weekend driving the golf cart all around Lake Eufaula and practicing cheers on her trampoline. She's the one who taught me how to water ski. Jamie has the most beautiful children I've ever seen, and still looks like she's 18.  We started a business together a year ago, and we are still best friends today.  

Next to her, in the middle is Julie.  Julie was the athlete. She was amazing at basketball, as I'm sure you can tell by her height.  Julie has a heart for kids and has fostered/adopted 6 other kids besides her own 2.  She might be up to 7 at the time of this post.  She has a heart of gold.  I love that about her.  She and Tiffany would do the craziest things, and not care who thought what of them.  And thats how it should be. 

Then there is Tiffany.  Tiffany was the most uninhibited of the group.  Always talking us into doing things that were crazy in the name of fun.  She was always late.  And she drove this Ford Mustang that was purple faded to white.  She hosted all the slumber parties. Tiffany became my college roommate, where our roles were switched.  She was a pre-med major and I was always trying to talk her into not studying to have some fun.  She never listened.  Which is why she is more successful than me.  Tiffany is one of those friends who you know will be there for you forever.  You usually can't get ahold of her, but when you do its like no time has passed.

And over on the other end is Jill.  Jill was always the most sophisticated of the bunch.  Always calm, cool, and collected.  But she'd go along with some of Tiffanys wild haired ideas.  We both loved music and could sing a killer rendition of "More than Words" by Extreme together.  We rocked Jodeci in my car often.  She was by far the smartest of the crew.  And was wise beyond her years.  I tapped into that wisdom often.

I still keep in contact with all these girls.  I treasure their friendships.  There is nothing like having someone know you so well, tell you the truth when you need to hear it, and encourage you through the toughest of times.  If you don't have a Jamie, Julie, Tiffany, or Jill, I hope you find one and hold on to them.  Your life will be richer because of it.  And if you do, go tell them how thankful you are for the years of friendship.  Its rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment