Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Nerf Wars and a few 12 year olds

Since I have 3 kids I told them they could have a "friend" birthday party every other year. I am not one who gets caught up in extravagant, expensive parties. I'm happy to send my kids to them, I just don't want to throw them.  I thought this has worked out nicely until I forgot who had what party when.  After Carson's invitations were sent out for his Nerf party, he informed me had had a friend party last year, with a grin of course. I guess if I'm going to impose a schedule for parties I should somehow remember it. 

He had it all planned out, a Nerf gun party where they divided up into teams and played capture the flag in the backyard. Since it meant I didn't have a bunch of 12 year olds in my house I agreed. The boys complied their guns, we bought a bunch of ammo, and Andy and Carson made some sort of defensive  obstacles.  

Once the kids arrived, they went straight into the backyard and I'm not kidding when I say we didn't see them but for 5 minutes for a pizza break for 2 1/2 hours. We got ourselves Chinese food and had a little date at the kitchen table.  I did try to snap some pictures but they scattered every time they saw me coming.  I'm sharing because I am all about copying and when I find something easy, I'm going to copy it. So I should make it easy for you to do the same. Middle school kids love shooting nerf guns at each other for hours. 

First middle school party down. I have a feeling girl middle school parties will not be as easy....

No comments:

Post a Comment