Monday, December 8, 2014

Murphy's law and a little home remedy.'

Right now, as I type this, behind me is a 7 year old and a 12 year old playing this game where one is videoing and the other runs, throws a squishy brain stress ball, catches it and lands on my bed.  They've been doing it for about 30 minutes.  Kids do not need electronics people.

So I say to Andy 2 days ago, you know, we have been so lucky.  We have not had sickness in this house for over a year.  We must be doing something right.  Fast forward 24 hours when my middle one is telling me she doesn't feel good.  I should have known...its because of what I said yesterday.  It happens every. single. time.  Murphy's law is real.

Now that corporate job I had for 5 years, it was a blessing in its own annoying way, but when I had a sick kid it was not.  I hated feeling obligated to be in the office when I had a little one at home who just wanted her mama.  My kids have an amazing dad who would always put on his nurse's scrubs when needed.  And I am so very thankful.  But I was more than happy to take them from him this time.  A day of waiting on her every little sick need, obliging her by snuggling on the couch, and watching TV all day sounded perfect to me.  I will admit though, once her fever was gone, and she was still bossing me around, I was over it.

Speaking of that fever - since she is my adventurous eater and will try anything, I talked her into a little concoction that I will put my money on speeds up the getting better process.  Its not tasty, by any means, but I don't find it terrible either.   And she took a tsp of it on the hour for about 4 hours.  Her fever was gone by morning...and who knows, maybe it was because of this. Mix some up, leave it in your refrigerator and make a smoothie out of it if you have an unadventurous family member.

2T apple cider vinegar
2 T honey
4 T water
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper.

Its got a kick, I won't lie, but it will also kick that virus, fever, or whatever is ailing you to the curb.

Murphy 1, me 0


No comments:

Post a Comment