Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Peace Out 2014

I think my least favorite week of the year is the week between Christmas and New Years.  All those super cute Christmas decorations have now overstayed their welcome and beg to be put back in their tubs.  Every time I open a cabinet or drawer, I am reminded that I need to clean it out.   The kids are on technology overload and finding new ways to pester one another. I'm going to be making all kinds of lists, cleaning all kinds of things out and making all kinds of New Years Resolutions.  My family is super excited. (sarcasm font).

I don't know how many people make New Years Resolutions.  I haven't asked any of my friends if they do. Some might find it on the hokey side. I used to be one of those people.  But if there is one thing I have learned in 2014, its this.  To do things you want to do, you have to be intentional about it.  That goes for all areas of your life.  In your marriage, your finances, your family life, your work, everywhere.  Its so easy to be unintentional.  The day can get away from me by noon if I'm still in my pajamas and looking to have one more cup of coffee before I start anything.  And there's nothing wrong with those days.  I'm having one right now.  But if you want to accomplish anything of significance, you have to make your mind up to do it, and put everything else aside to make it happen.  And if you don't do that, you can't complain that it didn't happen.  You can't get upset that your marriage isn't amazing when you haven't done anything to make it amazing.  You can't get upset that your family hasn't had any quality time together when you don't insist that it happen. At the risk of sounding like Tony Robbins, its your life, if you want to do something, make it happen!

I'm looking forward to 2015.  There are a few things on the horizon that are scary.  But the thought of a new year, an entirely crisp, new, clean, calendar, it makes me excited.

One exciting thing 2015 is bringing, is me blogging over at the City Moms Blog!  I have officially joined their team of contributors and am looking forward to new friends, new content, and learning more about the city I call home.  I hope you'll join me here to check it out!

I dare you to be intentional about this new year.  Make some resolutions in a few areas of your life.  Write them down.  And look back on them often, making sure your taking steps to make them happen.  And in a year, lets meet back here and share all the things that happened in 2015 that made the year a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment