Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Mystery of blogging

I've been blogging for a long time.  Minus that 5 year break I took.  But my original days of blogging were done right here, at RegularWithHalfandHalfandRawSugar.blogspot.com.  The mere length of that blog name will tell you how blog savvy I was…not.  When I had 3 kids under the age of 4, it was my sanity.  My 2 readers made me feel like I had this line to the cyberworld that was super important.  There's a few funny reads there so if you have 20 spare minutes like we all do, head over for my mom-of-3-small-kids-commentary.

Insert 5 year working full time mom of 3.  No blogging.

Enter now, part time working mom who still has the itch to blog and we find me here at Just Finish Strong.  Now I read a lot of blogs too.  They just suck me in.  Its so weird!!!  These strangers who I'm pretty sure are my imaginary friends now.  Because I totally know them!  There are 2 or 3 blogs I read who have thousands of followers.  And now here is where the mystery of blogging comes in.  I am going to do a sample blog of what my blog would be like if I followed their format….that thousands of people read….and they get paid for….so here goes.

Hi everyone!

My morning started out with me dragging myself out of bed and throwing the cereal boxes on the table and making 3 kids lunches and then all of us heading into the van where we listened to Christmas Music all the way to school.  We listened to this CD.   

     Its our favorite.

I headed home where I did a quick you tube workout, ate some oatmeal with pecans and cranberries sweetened with agave and got ready for work. I'm so sorry I forgot the picture.  I got sucked into a Hallmark Christmas movie and then had to make myself turn it off so I could run some errands before work.

I worked all afternoon then went to pickup my kids from school.  Carson had a dentist appointment and I secretly planned on the way home to somehow talk Andy into taking him so I could call my sister, Traci who lives in Germany.  Hi Traci!

It was a quick and easy dinner tonight with hot ham and cheese rolls and sweet potato chips.  Have I told you how much I heart these chips?  

I heart them.

The girls and I made these cookies for our Angel Tree gift basket where they fought over exactly how many cookies they each got to cut out.  I sent them both to bed early since I let them stay up late and watch Elf last night.  

Now I'm going to sit on the couch and admire my Christmas tree and drink hot tea!  And probably watch a Hallmark Christmas movie I've seen 3 times. Till tomorrow….!

I don't know about you, but there isn't a whole lot of content there that is worth sharing with the Internet world, if you ask me.  Those girls get 30-50 comments on a post like that!!! (Insert a very blank look from me)  But EVERY DAY I go back to my imaginary bff's blogs to see what they did.  Along with thousands of other people.

It is a blogging mystery…..

Just so as to not alarm you, I will not be following that format, I just can't make myself do it.  It was painful to write. Even if I do want thousands of readers.  I need my mark on the world to have a little more content, even if I am self proclaimed shallow. Gotta stay true to Just Finish Strong style.

No comments:

Post a Comment