Sunday, January 25, 2015

Crepes

I get on these kicks.  Where I get something in my head, and then I just need to do it.  Or eat it. Or say it.  Crepes are my new kick.  They are so light that you really feel like your just having a little snack.  And they are versatile!  Need something savory?  Throw some scrambled eggs and sausage in the middle.  Sweet?  Nutella and bananas dusted with a little powdered sugar - hits the spot every single time. So I've just started making up some of the batter, setting it in the refrigerator and just pouring myself  a little crepe when the urge hits me.  It seriously could not be any easier.  And then if someone stops by, you can be like, "Oh, are you hungry?  Let me whip up a little crepe for you".



Crepe batter:

1 cup all purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups milk
1 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Which together the flour and salt.  Add egg and egg yolk.  Pour milk, slowly, stirring constantly until half remains.  Add the butter and vanilla.  Beat until smooth.  Add remaining milk.  Cover and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.

Heat a well creased small skillet.  Add 1/4 cup batter.  Tilt skillet with a circular motion until all the crepe batter reaches the sides of the skillet and cover bottom.  Cook  until the bottom is golden brown.  The first one is alway a throw away.  Add any topping or filling of your choice, depending on your sweet or savory craving.


No comments:

Post a Comment