Sunday, January 11, 2015

JFS in the kitchen: The breakfast with no name

I am a morning person.  I love everything about it.  I love the idea that I have a clean slate of a day.  I love that the sun gives us all a glimpse of it with a dimly lit horizon.  I love being up before anyone else and enjoying the quiet.  I love hearing my coffee pot gurgle as the last of the hot water has made its way through those coffee grounds. And I especially love breakfast.  I love cooking breakfast.  Can we just always have breakfast for dinner? Well, alternate between that and mexican food.

I have more breakfast recipes than dinner recipes.  And this one is my favorite for when we have company.  The ease of this is amazing.  Seriously, easiest tasty, pretty breakfast ever.  I don't know what its called.  Its a take on monkey bread.  So how about  you make it, and then come back here and name it for me.  Thanks in advance.  And your welcome in advance for the easiest, tasty, pretty breakfast ever.

Ingredients:
18 frozen rolls (I use Rhodes rolls)
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 box of butterscotch pudding
pecans, optional

Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.  
Sprinkle about 1/2 cup pecan pieces on the bottom of the bundt pan
place 18 frozen rolls on top of pecans
Melt stick of butter and pour over rolls
Sprinkle box of butterscotch pudding over all the rolls
Sprinkle brown sugar on top of rolls and pudding mix.


It looks like this


Place this in your cold oven overnight.
When you wake up, take it out of the oven, it will look like this.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place it back in the oven after you ooo and ahh over how large the rolls have gotten overnight.


Cook for 15-20 minutes until golden brown

Invert immediately onto your serving plate
Make sure you drink with coffee.







No comments:

Post a Comment