Monday, February 9, 2015

The third child

I was prepping my daughter, Neely's first birthday party when all of the sudden it hit me…Oh. My. Goodness. All the signs were clear as day. I am pregnant.  I raced to the bathroom, grabbed a test and took it.  It confirmed my suspicions.  How in the world was I going to do 3 kids under the age of 4.

Today, that sweet little surprise is 8.




Karly is the free spirit of the family.  Most of the time, she can be found working on some sort of project her little mind has come up with.  If she's not creating, she is watching  youtube videos on how to create, from cakes to play dough food.  She insisted on us making the cake below from a youtube video that had about 100 steps.


She's the first one in the kitchen pulling up the stool and throwing on her apron, begging for a job to do.  Its not an exaggeration when I say if I would cut her loose in the kitchen she would prepare a fabulous meal for us all.  But her help doesn't stop in the kitchen.  If her daddy is outside working on the car, she is handing him tools and asking how it all works.  Her clothes can be found all over the house, wherever she decides to change.  Her stuffed animals and dolls have immaculate beds and homes built out of shoe boxes and other household items.  Her Christmas gifts to the entire family were the first ones under the Christmas tree.  A car ride with her means you won't get a word in edgewise, but you won't care, because she will be telling a story with animated expressions that will have you captivated. She's the first to offer a trade should her brother or sister be dissatisfied with something they have received.  She's taught me in her 8 short years that things don't always need to be on a schedule, that people are what really matter, and if you have an idea, make it happen. I can't wait to see what she teaches me in her teen years.

Happy Birthday to sweet Karly!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your sweet girl!! Happy birthday, Karly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Karly! The 2nd grade Sunday School teachers at BFC are so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete